Life, Money and Illusion advocates change by shifting the dominant economic paradigm from growth to sustainability. Techniques include:
- Measuring progress with social and environmental indicators, along with economic ones
- Encouraging investment in community
- Practical changes such as full cost accounting, tax shifting and monetary reform
- Honoring the Golden Rule instead of the Rule of Gold
- Focusing more on living than on stuff.
An engaging and empowering vision of a future that celebrates humanity's extraordinary ability to adapt and evolve, Life, Money and Illusion will appeal to social activists, business people, students, environmentalists, financial planners, economists, parents, grandparents and anyone else with a stake in the future.